This house was designed by HUB architecture from Antwerp, Belgium. It's the first passive house in Kortrijk.
This house is designed for an eldery, single woman and features:
- Generational design: possible evolutions and extensions of the useable surface area are already foreseen in the design. The carport is located on within the building zone and can be completed and enclosed to form additional rooms / studio / working whilst maintaining the connection to the main house and taking advantage of the patio that is located between both.
- Certified passive house standard
- Triple glazing
- System D ventilation with heat recovery
- Ground heat exchanger
- Solar energy for hot water and electricity
- Ground granulated slack concrete foundation.
- FSC plato wood facade cladding: upgrading of lower durability softwood through mild heat treatment
- Recycled paper (cellulose) insulation
- Flax insulation
- Recycled fiber carpet tile floors
- Clay finish paint